Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaack.........................

It really has been a long time since I posted, wow!

Since my last post I moved to Texas! Yes, Texas. I have been here for almost 2 years now and am enjoying the change of scenery.  I have been active in the steampunk community here in Texas and have been to several convenetions and have even sold at a couple. 
 

Me with Abney Park at A-Kon 21
Last June I took my daughter to A-Kon as she loves anime. I was lucky enough to get to see Abney Park again!  I got to pose with the entire band this time and I gifted them with my Clockyard sculpture which was inspired by the song "Clockyard" on their Aether Shanties album. Check out their video for the song "End of Days" and you will even see it in the background!
Clockyard Sculpture


In January I was a vendor at Clockwork Wonderland, a one night mini-convention in Dallas. I did well there and had a lot of fun. 


Sunday at WWW Con
In March I went to Wild Wild West Con in Tucson with my friend Deborah Gerard of Time Traveler Oufitters. I sold one of my badge holders and did a trade for another. And I got to see Abney Park in concert once again!

My booth at Oklahoma Steampunk Expo
Then in April I had a booth at the Oklahoma Steampunk Exposition. I did very well there and sold a number of items, including my steampunk chess set! I got to hang out with friends I have made over the last year and generally had a really good time.





At the end of April I went to Aetherfest in San Antonio. That was a great event with lots of fun things to do and a great location. The St. Anthony hotel is Victorian in style and made a great site for this event. And on Saturday morning a number of the attendees, myself included, walked to the Alamo and posed for a picture in front of the mission.
Steampunks at the Alamo!



No comments: