Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Showdown at Unobtainium - Coming Soon!

Ok Steampunks... the ultimate battle between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison is going to happen and you can be a witness. Come to the forgotten mining town of Unobtainium, Texas, on November 10 and 11 and experience the event for yourself!

From their website:

"Showdown at Unobtainium 2012: Tesla vs. Edison is a two day themed experiential event featuring music, vendors, strolling and stage actors, Vaudeville-style performances, and interactive art. The look and feel is Steampunk/Victorian/NeoVictorian/Dark Victorian/Weird West/DieselPunk/Clock Punk."


My Mad Scientist's Lamp will be a part of the art installation and you will find me there under my canopy. I will be selling my handmade wares along with some hand picked found items. Come in and browse or join me in a cup of coffee or tea in my sitting area. I am working on some fun ideas for decorating my "pavillion" so come and check it out.

And don't forget to stay for the show Saturday night! The incomparable Marquis of Vaudeville take the stage and will amaze you with their spectacle of splendor.

For more information on this amazing event go to their website here .

2 comments:

Turner's Tokens said...

Can't wait for the Showdown!!

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

High, girl!
Whether you obtain morality4mortality to wiseabove
and/or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no
zooillogical-expiration-date?
An IQ much higher than K2?
An extraordinarily, anti-establishment victory
with a sardonic, satirical wit Who’s savvy??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with a most excellent detector of bull§ht):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.