Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Goodbye to an amazing lady

My mother suffered a massive stroke nearly 13 years ago and has been living a half life since then. The woman who was so full of life and creativity, independence and adventure became almost totally dependent on others. Early on the morning of November 25 she was finally released from the shell of what she had become. I grieve for the loss of my mother, but have really been doing that for over a decade now. I also rejoice for her release and know that she has passed from the pain and unhappiness. A toast to my mother whose creativity and love of art helped to shape me!

5 comments:

Dayna said...

Keep her memories alive this Thanksgiving as you give thanks for the years you had with her.It is hard to loose your Mom but she is only gone in body and will live in your heart forever.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you right now. Know that I am sending you love and healing energy and thinking of you today.

Tracyw. said...

I raise a toast with you to a most amazing woman, who obviously did a wonderful job of raising her daughter to be such a kind and compassionate friend!
I'm thinking of you and your family, and sending hugs along the miles.

Jean Levert Hood said...

I am deeply sorry for the loss of your mother, yet, rejoice with you for her release. May tomorrow bring many wonderful memories of Thanksgiving for you, as your thoughts recall the past.

. c h o k l i t . said...

Wow... {{{hugs for Kat}}}. A prost to her spirit finally flying free, and big huge hugs for you and your family...