Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Steampunk

If you haven't noticed, I have gotten more and more into the steampunk style with my pieces and my etsy/blog banner. My banner was done by TheOrangeNinja of etsy and I love it!!!

What is steampunk, you ask. Well, it is many things to many people. I have pulled this quote about what steampunk is from one of the great steampunk sites out on the internet, Aether Emporium:

Steampunk is an eclectic world of cogs and rivets. It is airships, goggles and steam. It is romance. It is traveling on clouds and diving beneath rugged waves. It is adventure
:- Aether Emporium

For more on what steampunk is from some of the great names in the genre, check out Aether Emporium's What is Steampunk page.


Some great sites to check out for a peek into the fun and fascinating world of steampunk are:
Datamancer
The Steampunk Workshop
Vernian Process
Neverwas Haul
Abney Park

and a host of others that can be linked to from some of those sites.

And also check out the SteamTeam at etsy to find all kinds of wonderful handmade steampunk items made by myself and other members of the Etsy Steam Team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a really interesting article with the links and everything. I am noticing 'steampunk' more and more. I've been playing Myst Revelations - and that is SO steampunk! I got a theory that the world could truly be heading for a steampunk era when the oil runs out (!)